Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS, TEACHERS, ADMINISTRATORS AND OTHER STAFF
The purpose of this code of conduct is to make the Students, Teachers, Administrators and other Staff of the Institution familiar about the rules and regulations of the College and to progress towards the achievement of the mission and vision of the College.
I. Code of Conduct for Students
1. Classes start from 9.30 a.m. and may continue up to 4.30 p.m. on five or six days of a week. Students must be punctual for College and attend Flag hoisting on every Monday and also the Morning Prayer held at 9.30 a.m. every day.
2. Every student should conform to the rules and regulations relating to attendance, library, college fee, examinations, etc.
3. No student shall leave the premises before the college timing without the prior permission of Head of the Institution.
4. Each candidate should gain more than 85% of attendance in each semester, failing which he/she will not be permitted to appear for the written examination and or practical examinations. However, candidates who are able to gain attendance only up to 75% on medical ground, shall be permitted to appear for the examination after getting condonation of attendance, adhering to the norms of Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University.
5. In case leave need to be taken, a leave application duly signed by the parent must be submitted to the Principal through the faculty of the Department.
6. Students must adhere to the dress code of the College, wear Uniform and valid identity card issued by the college. College gives relaxation in having uniform to the students on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and also on special occasions. Girls should tie their hair in buns.
7. No function/program/ birth day celebrations are allowed in the college campus / class room without prior explicit permission of the principal.
8. Ragging and malpractice in examination is strictly prohibited.
9. Mobile phones are strictly not permissible in the campus.
10. Students must take proper care of all the college property. They must conserve electricity and water.
11. Every student help to keep college Premises/Class Room clean and everyone must use dust bin for garbage.
12. Students must participate in all the educational activities of the College unless exemption has been granted.
13. Everyone must follow the disciplinary manners in college premises/campus/classroom.
II. Code of Conduct for Teachers
1. Faculty Members should be punctual to the college and everyone should register their fingerprints in the Biometric Attendance System before 9.30 am in the morning and after 4.30 pm in the evening.
2. They should adhere the terms and conditions of appointment for teaching posts issued by the college and instructions of the college authorized issued from time to time.
3. They should show commitment in work, adhere to a responsible pattern of dress code and conduct expected of them by the community.
4. They should maintain a reasonable professional space with the colleagues and students.
5. They should seek prior permission from the head of the institution before availing Leave and to pursue any course of Studies. Leave can be applied in online through ERP system.
6. They should seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research.
7. They should co-operate and assist in carrying out functions relating to the educational responsibilities of the College and the University.
8. They should adapt new technology and methods for effective teaching learning process and acquaint the students to recent development in the world.
9. Faculty Members should follow protocol and hierarchy in regards to issues/matter.
III. Code of Conduct for Administrators
1. The administrative officials of the College should exhibit qualities of effective leadership in all academic and administrative activities of the College.
2. They should chalk out a policy and academic plan to execute vision and mission of the college.
3. They should create conducive educational environment and having a clear vision of total quality to the institution.
4. They should recruit candidates with appropriate skills both for teaching and non-teaching posts.
5. They should provide guidance, leadership, direction to the all stakeholders.
6. They should oversee and monitor the administration of the academic programs and general administration of the college.
7. They should observe and implement directives issued by Government / U.G.C. / Higher Education / University and other concerned authorities.
8. They should maintain Assessment Reports of the teaching and non teaching staff of the college.
9. They should provide an environment of equal opportunity for faculty, staff and students to keep harmony in the campus and the realization of their personal and professional goals.
10. They should encourage the teaching and non teaching staff to follow the code of conduct of the institution.
11. They should assess reports/academic dairy /teaching plan/ plan of action and action taken reports of teachers/head/coordinators of various committees.
12. They should maintain integrity, confidentiality and privacy in matters regarding college documentation and other related information.
IV. Code of Conduct for Non-teaching Staff
1. Every one of non-teaching staff of the college must attend the duty punctually every day. Every day they should register their fingerprints in the Biometric Attendance System at 9.30 am in the morning and at 5.00 pm in the evening.
2. They should adhere the terms and conditions of appointment for non-teaching posts issued by the college and instructions of the college authorized issued from time to time.
3. Every one of non-teaching staff of the college shall discharge his/her duties efficiently and diligently to match with the administrative standards and performance norms lay down by the Principal.
4. No one of the non-teaching staff of the college shall leave the college without permission of the Principal.
5. They should maintain tracks of all records, documents, registers, communications, etc as per the directions of the Principal.
6. Non-teaching staff assigned to the laboratories should keep the labs clean.
7. No one shall ordinarily remain absent from work without prior permission of the Principal or grant of leave. Leave can be applied in online through ERP system.
8. No one shall approach directly to any member of the Management for their personal or any issue. They should forward their matter through the Principal to the Management of the College.
9. Every one of non-teaching staff of the college should assist in carrying out functions relating to the administrative responsibilities of the college and the university.